What are the extra benefits to the students?
Benefits to weDANCE students include:
- membership in a group of peer dancers for training, mentoring, encouragement, and performing;
- weekly weDANCE Ensemble or weDANCE Intermediate skill enhancement classes at no additional charge;
- pre-performance rehearsals included at no additional tuition charge;
- ministry-focused performance opportunities at no additional tuition charge; and
- recognition by teachers/administrators of student’s commitment to focus on the study of dance;
Who will be organizing, leading, and choreographing for weDANCE company?
- weDANCE company will be overseen by the weDance Academy Administrator and creatively directed/organized by the weDANCE company teacher(s)/choreographer(s) with the goal of providing the best possible training and performing environment through a well-balanced approach to artistic development, spiritual development and development of ministry purpose.
- weDANCE teacher(s)/choreographer(s) will be responsible for the teaching of weDANCE company lessons.
- weDance teacher(s)/choreographer(s) and Dance Academy leadership will organize/oversee weDANCE performances.
Specifically, what extra performing opportunities will these students have?
- Each weDANCE company ensemble will have a variety of skill and maturity appropriate, performances per year.
- Each weDANCE company ensemble will perform one stand-alone number in the spring dance recital/production.
How are students chosen? What are the criteria for participation?
- Any student taking the requisite class hours is eligible to audition for weDance Ensemble or weDance Intermediate.
- Dancers who are selected will receive an invitation to participate from weDANCE leadership.
- Based upon skill, interest and performance opportunities, specialty performing groups of weDANCE students (e.g., duets, ensembles) may be formed for specific training and/or performance purposes.